- Understand your goals – What do you want your money to do for you?
- Understand your time horizon – When do you need to access your money?
- Understand your risk tolerance – How comfortable are you with market fluctuations?
- Understand how the integration of your goals, risk tolerance, and access to your money determines your investment strategy.
- Understand that your life changes – Remain current through regularly scheduled meetings with your advisor.
On Risk Management…
We believe that with a disciplined savings program and the development of an emergency fund, smaller risks can be covered out-of-pocket. However, many risks are too expensive or financial devastating to incur. To help you manage those risks, we help you identify your exposure, such as running out of money in retirement, becoming disabled, needing 24/7 care in later years, and death. We help confirm you have the appropriate strategy in place to minimize those risks. Furthermore, if you are taking on too much risk, determine what actions are prudent to preserve assets yourself and your family.